We present you Dubrovnik – Opatija cruise and together with our hosts do our best to satisfy your needs and comply your wishes.
Saturday/ DUBROVNIK – KORČULA
Departure at 13h towards Korčula, an island best known as the birthplace of Marco Polo, the famous explorer. Covering much of the island are the distinct, almost black pine forests so Korčula is also known as „the Black Island“. Korčula Town is like a mini Dubrovnik, also encased by medieval stone ramparts and towers. The famous Moreška sword dance-fight is thought to have come to the island when the Moors raged through this region and there are regular performances. A guide will lead you through the old town where tiny streets are designed in a fish bone pattern for a very good reason that you will hear about! Lots of simple “konoba”, restaurants and cool cocktail bars (some with cool music) for chill out time. Overnight in Korčula.
Sunday / KORČULA – METKOVIĆ
Today we discover one of the last remaining wetland deltas in Europe. We cruise to Metković, on the banks of the river Neretva after which the delta is named. Here, mandarins grow by the water channels and we take a barge ride to explore the groves, the flora and fauna, wild birds and the traditional way of life of the Neretva people. There’s a delightful, “time warp” feeling like nowhere else on the coast. Narona archeological museum in Vid, which we visit, was formally inaugurated in 2007 as the first „in situ“ museum in Croatia exhibiting the remains of a Roman temple. Named Augusteum with 17 marble statues, some outsized and some of natural height. This is where the ancient Illyrians, Greeks, Romans once sailed, and, according to legend, the pirates of Neretva planned their raids on enemy galleys. Captain’s dinner with live entertainment on board scheduled for this evening. Overnight in Metković.
Monday / METKOVIĆ – SPLIT
From Metković our cruise continues to Split, the capital of Dalmatia region, the second largest city in Croatia with the famous Diocletian’s palace, a UNESCO protected heritage site where Roman Emperor Diocletian chose his retirement spot! Upon arrival, a local guide takes us for a walk through the historic and buzzing old town center and to the market.
Tuesday / SPLIT – KRKA – ŠIBENIK
Wine and waterfalls! Cruise towards Skradin then board our coach. First stop is the famous Bibich winery for wine tasting and light tapas lunch. Back in Skradin we walk through the Krka Waterfalls National Park and visit “Skradinski Buk”. Jaw droppingly beautiful, this is the most popular part of the waterfall area. There are 17 waterfalls, with cascades up to 100 m wide, and the Krka river tumbles 45.7 meters. A never-to-forget experience is swimming under the falls so bring your swimming things and enjoy the crystal clear fresh water. Šibenik, is almost in the very central part of Croatia’s Adriatic coast and is our afternoon destination. Explore the glorious old town, the cultural monuments and possibly the most famous one here, the UNESCO listed Cathedral of St James. Wander and discover the historic core and waterfront. Some good boutique shopping too. Dinner on board. Overnight in Šibenik.
Wednesday / ŠIBENIK – ZADAR
After breakfast we leave for Zadar, the oldest university town in Croatia, famous for its rich historical heritage of world importance. At every turn history is here: the Roman Forum from the 1st Century, St Donat church from the 9th century – the most famous medieval basilica and the symbol of the city. The mighty city walls encase the old town and there is a representative city gate from 16th century. Among many museums, the Museum of ancient glass stands out together with over 30 churches and majestic family palaces and villas. On the waterfront the award winning Sea Organ and “Greeting to the Sun” light installations, show the funky side of Zadar. Overnight in Zadar.
Thursday / ZADAR – RAB
Departure towards Rab, known as the “island of love”, with an old town of the same name. Guided city tour including the medieval walls, the famous four towers (and maybe climb one of them later!) together with palaces, churches and squares. There’s a slight Montmartre feel with many artists painting and exhibiting out on the streets. Legend has it that local nuns created a special Rab cake for a visiting Pope and we will sample this after the tour. The recipe remains forever secret. Overnight in Rab.
Friday / RAB – OPATIJA
The famous Opatija Riviera is often compared to the French Riviera and we have magnificent views of it. Royal families, celebrities and musicians have all stayed in Opatija. Our experienced guide will tell you magnificent history of Opatija and show you its most precious monuments. Walk the famous Franz Joseph promenade – Lungomare to the fishermen’s village of Volosko, home to some of the best seafood restaurants in Croatia, or enjoy Kraš Choco bar to try exclusive chocolate cocktails, cakes or ice-cream. There’s a real café-society here. Farewell evening dinner on board with live entertainment, a great opportunity for swapping addresses on the last evening. Overnight in the port of Opatija.
Saturday / OPATIJA
After breakfast, you will disembark from the ship.
person in double cabin
|Departures||Ship category||VIP upper/main deck||Main deck||Lower deck|
|May 25. - June 01.||Deluxe superior||2.190, 00€||2.075, 00€||1.715, 00€|
|May 11. - May 18.||Deluxe||/||1.915, 00€||1.580, 00€|
|July 27. - August 03.||Deluxe superior||2.190, 00€||2.075, 00€||1.715, 00€|
|May 25. - June 01.||Deluxe||/||1.915, 00€||1.580, 00€|
|September 14. - September 21.||Deluxe superior||2.310, 00€||2.195, 00€||1.830, 00€|
|June 08. - June 15.||Deluxe||/||/||/|
|October 05. - October 12.||Deluxe superior||1.870, 00€||1.755, 00€||1.400, 00€|
|Deluxe||/||1.605, 00€||1.275, 00€|
ADDITIONAL SERVICES ON REQUEST
⋅ No additional fees on arrival except gratuities!
⋅ Korčula village dinner experience: Eur 35 – per person
⋅ Single use cabins – 50%
THE RATE INCLUDES
· Arrival transfer from Dubrovnik airport to Dubrovnik harbor and departure transfer from Opatija port to Opatija hotel- Only on the day of arrival and day of departure – Flight details to be provided at least 3 weeks (21 days) prior to cruise departure and latest 10 days in advance
· 7 night cruise in deluxe superior air-conditioned cabin with en-suite bathroom
· Welcome reception & cocktail
· Daily buffet breakfast
· 9 meals – 4 course lunch or dinner as specified in the itinerary
· A drink with lunch
· A liter of water per person daily
· Captain’s dinner with live entertainment in Metković
· Farewell dinner with live entertainment in Opatija
· Barge excursion & visit of museum Narona in Metković
· Wine tasting & light tapas lunch in Bibich winery
· Rab cake tasting in Rab
· Abundant fresh fruit
· Coffee and tea all day
· Olive oil and wine tasting on board
· Professional Tour manager
· Dubrovnik cable car fee
· Krka National Park entrance fee
· Guided walking tours of towns: Korčula, Split, Zadar, Rab & Opatija
· Visitors’ taxes & port fees
· Luggage handling
· Daily cabin service
· Complimentary WIFI on board
Ship Deluxe Superior category
– Deluxe Superior vessels are the best in the fleet and in Croatia, offering superior comfort and special services.
– Deluxe superior vessels are between 47m (138 ft) to 50m (164ft) in length and 8m (26 ft) to 9m (29 ft) meters wide luxury vessels, with a minimum cruising speed of approx. nine nautical miles.
– Built with latest state-of-the-art equipment and amenities, vessels normally offer a capacity of 36-38 passengers in 18-19 twin or double cabins, guaranteeing an intimate setting for the passengers.
Ship Deluxe category
– Deluxe ships are between 42m (138 ft) to 47m (164 ft) in length and 8m (2 6 ft) to 9m (29 ft) meters wide vessels, with a minimum cruising speed of nine nautical miles.
– Built with latest state-of-the-art equipment and amenities, these luxury vessels normally offer a capacity of 38 passengers in 19 twin or double cabins, guaranteeing an intimate setting for the passengers.
· The Captain reserves the right in changing the route in case of bad weather conditions.
· All cruise departures are guaranteed, however if less than 10 participants are booked, agency reserves the right in cancelling the departure and changing the ship name if the need arises.
· Guests are obliged to follow the ship rules and regulations found in written form onboard especially in regards to bringing drinks on board.
· In case of inappropriate behavior agency/captain reserves the right in asking clients to disembark.
Gulet cruises in Croatia